Off Topic.. Depression
In my mind.. depression is one of the most awful illnesses a person can have. Living day to day with a voice in the back of your mind talking shit, and no engery to boot.
In Canada....
In Canada....
Who is affected?
- Mental illness indirectly affects all Canadians at some time through a family member, friend or colleague.
- 20% of Canadians will personally experience a mental illness in their lifetime.
- Mental illness affects people of all ages, educational and income levels, and cultures.
- Approximately 8% of adults will experience major depression at some time in their lives.
- About 1% of Canadians will experience bipolar disorder (or “manic depression”).
How common is it?
- Schizophrenia affects 1% of the Canadian population.
- Anxiety disorders affect 5% of the household population, causing mild to severe impairment.
- Suicide accounts for 24% of all deaths among 15-24 year olds and 16% among 25-44 year olds.
- Suicide is one of the leading causes of death in both men and women from adolescence to middle age.
- The mortality rate due to suicide among men is four times the rate among women.
Why am I talking about this.. because again it has hit me like a brick wall. I have fallen so far off the wagon that I cant even see it anymore.. and I feel like life as I know it may end.
I feel awful, and I haven't worked out in days, and seem to eat EVERYTHING in sight. I have no control right now.
I am currently working on a new workout.. I'm not sure if I will stick to the 21 day fix, or pick something else. I will give myself the weekend to recoup and spend time with my daughter, then I will hit it again on Monday. I need this.
Comments
Post a Comment